|The MCS7715 controller provides bridging between the Universal Serial Bus (USB) port, an enhanced UART, and a Parallel Printer port. This device contains all the necessary logic to communicate with the host computer via the USB bus. It supports Printers with hardware accelerated SPP mode.
The MCS7715 contains a 3.3V regulator, operates in Bus-Powered mode, and has a reduced frequency (6 MHz) crystal oscillator.
This combination of features allows significant cost savings in system design along with straightforward implementation of Serial Port and Parallel Port functionality into PC peripherals using the host's USB port.
- USB Specification 1.1 Compliant
- Single 5V Operation
- Low Power
- On-Chip Voltage Regulator
- Single Serial Port
- Supports up to 920 Kbps Serial Data Rate
- Supports 5, 6, 7, & 8-bit Data Widths
- Supports 1, 1.5, & 2 Stop Bits
- Supports Even, Odd, Mark, Space and None parities
- Single Printer Port Interface
- Internal Power-On Reset
- 2KV In-Circuit ESD protection for lower cost of external components
- Available in 48-Pin QFP Package
- Operating temperature range: 0°C to +70°C