MCS9820 -- PCI to Single Serial Controller
|The MCS9820CV-BA is a PCI based single function I/O Adapter. It has one 16C450/16C550 compatible UART.
The MCS9820CV-BA has 32-Byte transmit and receive FIFO for UART channel. MCS9820CV-BA performs serial-to-parallel conversions on data received from a Serial device, and parallel-to-serial conversions on data received from its CPU.
The MCS9820CV-BA is ideally suited for PC applications, such as Add-On COM ports. It is available in 128-Pin QFP package & fabricated using an advanced submicron CMOS process to achieve low power drain and high-speed requirements.
MCS9820CV-BA is designed to be pin compatible with previous version of MCS9820CV. Existing designs of MCS9820CV can be migrated to MCS9820CV-BA without any modification to system design. Software compatibility is also maintained between MCS9820CV to MCS9820CV-BA.
- 5V Operation
- Low Power
- Fully compliant with PCI Local Bus Specification 2.3
- Re-map function for Legacy Ports
- Microsoft WHQL Complaint Drivers
- Advanced testability through scan addition
- Serial Port
- One 16C 450 / 550 compatible UART
- Supports RS232, RS485 & RS422 modes
- Bi-directional Speeds from 50 bps to 115200 bps / Port
- Full Serial modem control
- Supports Hardware Flow Control
- 5, 6, 7, 8-bit Serial format support
- Even, Odd, None, Space & Mark parity supported
- On Chip deep 32 Byte FIFOs in Transmit, Receive path of Serial Port
- Four -Wire SPI Interface for EEPROM
- EEPROM read through PCI
- Package : 128-Pin QFP, RoHS
- Operating Temperature : 0 to +70°C
- Generic Serial attached devices like Modem & Serial Mouse
- Serial Networking / Monitoring Equipment
- Data Acquisition System
- POS Terminal & Industrial PC
- Add-On I/O Cards
- Embedded systems - For I/O expansion
- Industrial Control