|The AXM23001 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi module, a new addition to ASIX’s original AXM22001 802.11b/g Wi-Fi module, is the expansion of its wireless modules product portfolio with for Internet of Things (IoT) applications. Leveraging prevalent Wi-Fi infrastructure in home and industrial environment, the AXM23001 provides cost effective wireless networking solution to enable simple, easy, and low cost Internet connection capability for a wide-range of home, industrial and consumer electronics, such as networked home appliances, security systems, BLE/ZigBee/Z-wave gateway, wireless analog/digital I/O, and serial to Wi-Fi device server.|
The AXM23001 offers high performance ARM Cortex-M3 MCU with 2MB Flash memory, 2.5MB Data memory, SSL hardware accelerator, 802.11b/b/g compatible WLAN MAC/Baseband/RF, and a full suite of peripheral interfaces including UART, SPI, I²Cs, PWMs, GPIOs, and ADC . In addition to standalone application, AXM23001 with TCP/IP protocol suite running on-chip and various serial host interfaces supported, such as High Speed UART or High Speed SPI, can be used as a network coprocessor to offload TCP/IP and WLAN protocol processing loading from system CPU in an embedded system.
In order to simply and securely connect user’s devices to Wi-Fi using a smartphone/tablet app or a web browser, the AXM23001 supports multiple provisioning options including Simple Config API, WPS and AP mode. In addition, the AXM23001 supports Over the Air (OTA) firmware update over web server and Windows application utility via TFTP protocol.
With built-in Google Firebase API support for cloud connectivity, the ASIX’s IoT solution helps manufacturers to easily and rapidly connect Wi-Fi devices to the Internet for remote control and monitoring applications. The Firebase is a powerful platform for building iOS, Android, and web-based apps, offering real-time data storage and synchronization. All of user’s data is transferred over a secure SSL connection to provide the most secure way to build cloud application. Apps built with Firebase can be written entirely with client-side code and scale automatically.
The AXM23001 module has received certification from all major regulatory agencies in U.S., Canada, Europe, China, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, and Australia/New Zealand.
- Integrated 2.4GHz, IEEE 802.11b/g/n 1x1 compatible WiFi connectivity
- Integrated PCB antenna (1T1R) and U.FL connector with external antenna
- Supports 802.11e QoS Enhancement (WMM)
- Supports 802.11i security: WEP-64/128, WPA and WPA2
- ARM 32-bit Cortex-M3 CPU @ 166MHz
- 1MB ROM, 2MB SPI Flash, 2.5MB RAM
- Hardware security accelerator for secure Wi-Fi and SSL client
- Wi-Fi Protected Setup: WPS (PBC/PIN/NFC)
- Supports Simple Config API for Mobile APP
- Supports operation in Station, SoftAP, and Wi-Fi Direct modes
- Supports 3 Power Saving modes: Deep Sleep, Deep Standby and Sleep modes
- Supports External Timer Trigger Event (ETE) with configurable period in low power mode
- Single operating voltage: 3.3V typical
- Peripheral Communication Interfaces:
- 2 UART interfaces: 1 HS-UART (with flow control, Up to 4MHz) and 1 log UART
- 1 SPI interface (Up to 20MHz)
- 1 I²S or PCM interface
- 3 I²C interfaces
- 4 PWM interfaces
- 1 ADC (16-bit, 64KHz)
- Up to 19 GPIOs
- Supports real-time OS
- Supports TCP, UDP, ICMP, IGMP, IPv4, DHCP, ARP, DNS, SMTP, SNTP, RFC2217, and HTTP in software
- Supports device management over web server, serial console, and windows application utility
- Supports OTA firmware update over web server and windows application utility via TFTP protocol
- Certification: U.S., Canada, Europe, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Australia/New Zealand
- PCB Footprint: 22.25mm x 19.0mm x 2.62mm surface mountable modul
- Operating temperature range: -20 °C to +70 °C